April 6, 2011

Homophone Hunt Game


This week my students have been learning about homophones. To begin our week, we started out with a great homophones lesson for the SMART Board that I found on SMART Exchange. We've completed a few worksheets, and will read a fun story called Dear Deer to reinforce homophones. On Friday we're going to have a homophone hunt.
I created word cards with pairs of homophones and put each in a plastic egg. On Friday morning I'm going to hide the eggs around the room, and students have to go on a hunt to find one egg. After everyone has found an egg, they'll need to hunt around the room to find the person with their homophone pair on it. Then, the pair will work together to create silly sentences and pictures with their homophones for a class book.
Click on the egg below for the homophone word cards I created in case you'd like to do the activity with your class as well. Enjoy! :)
It's a work in progress and I'm just learning to use Google Docs, so please be sure to comment and let me know what you think!

 

Thanks!
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment