August 9, 2011

While You Were Out: Missed Work Form Freebie! and 14 Days of Summer

*sigh* Today is officially my last day of summer vacation. Teacher inservice starts tomorrow, and I'm trying to soak up the last little bit of summer that I can before then. I slept in until 9AM this morning, went for a late breakfast at Eat 'n Park with my husband, and now I'm just relaxing on the couch. :)

One of my goals for this coming year is to be more organized about my absent students and their missed work. I found two super cute files on Pinterest from Mrs. Gilchrist's Class for my folders (click here to check them out), but I needed a form to fill in for my students with information on the work they need to make up as well. I couldn't find a premade one that I liked, so I decided to make my own. I thought a "While You Were Out" memo would be fun, and I'm going to print them onto pink paper just like the office memos. Since this is one of my first files I've made, I decided to share it FREE with all of you! Just click the picture below to download. If you decide to download and use it, please leave a comment and let me know what you think!

Also, if you're looking for some more great Back to School Freebies, you need to stop by First Grade Fanatics for their 14 Days of Summer Giveaway! For their last 14 days of summer vacation (How lucky are they that they still have 14 days left?!) they'll be giving away a free printable every day starting August 9th! Be sure to click on their link to check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your last day of freedom. I like your idea for this form. I have something similar called "While You've BEEn Gone"...I have a bee theme, hence the name! And I have that labeled on a manilla folder and it has all of the work the students miss but I like the idea of the form. I think I'm going to use it! Thanks so much for sharing. Btw, I'm a new follower!

    Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

    ReplyDelete