Top 10 Things to Know About Ms. Vollmar!
1. I am new to blogging, but becomming totally obsessed! I love learning what other teachers do in their classrooms, and it's inspired me to be a better teacher with my own firsties!
2. My favorite "on the go" breakfast is Chick-fil-A's chicken biscuit and a large sweet tea. If I could stop there every morning, I probably would, but I'd also probably weigh like 400 pounds.
3. I SWORE growing up that I would NEVER marry someone like my father or someone in the military. I did both, and I couldn't be happier.
4. Although I don't look it, I'm 1/2 Italian. I'm totally obsessed with my Italian heritage, and hope to make it to Italy someday.
5. I have two pets at home, a cat and a dog, and I have a pair of African Dwarf Frogs and a hamster in my classroom for pets as well. The hamster and my cat do not get along very well in the summer. I think every teacher should have a pet for their classroom. It teaches responsability and empathy for students. (Another blog will follow soon with information about my class pets and resources for you to get one for your classroom if you'd like to.)
6. I like fishing. My husband and I own a boat (which he bought before we met) and we spend as much time as possible out on it. I even like to go ice fishing.
7. I'm obsessed with Facebook. My sister has gone so far as to call me a "Facebook Stalker" whatever that is....haha
8. I love watching football and am a HUGE Steelers fan.
9. Breakfast at Tiffany's is one of my favorite movies of all time, and Audrey Hepburn is my favorite actress. My bedroom is filled with black and white pictures of her from Breakfast at Tiffany's, and I own and have read many books about her. My bridal shower even had a Breakfast at Tiffany's theme.
10. I just learned how to use Publisher this year. I'm trying to learn different ways of creating my own worksheets and papers on it instead of just using everyone else's, and hope to someday start my own TpT store. (I also just learned how to download and use new cute fonts!)
I hope you enjoyed learning a little bit about me! I always love reading and learning about all of my friends out here in blogger world as well! Check back soon for some posts about back to school and class pets, AND hopefully my first giveaway!