June 12, 2011

Share Our Strength's No Kid Hungry Campaign - Take the Pledge!

With summer almost here, I sometimes find myself worrying about my students who receive free lunches. I wonder how many meals they'll get over the summer break. Will the be nutritious? Will they have anything at all? I was watching one of my favorite Food Network shows tonight when the commercial below came on. If you've wondered this as well, and want to do something to help, No Kid Hungry is a great place to start.
No Kid Hungry™is an unprecedented, five-year effort designed to end childhood hunger in America. Our nation has the food and programs in place to end childhood hunger, but consider what we are up against: The stigmas and embarrassment that surround hunger, the challenges presented by access to healthy food, and the struggle to connect children with the resources they need to thrive. For 25 years, Share Our Strength has been confronting hunger head-on to break down these barriers. Together, with your support, we can put an end to childhood hunger. 
I've taken the pledge. Will you? Click on the button below to take the pledge and see what else you can do in your area to help end childhood hunger.

1 comment: